Portfolio Performance is one of the five portfolio analysis tools within the suite of 19 Alpha Builder tools. It helps investors identify risk and return events among stocks in their portfolio. It provides valuable insights by comparing them across multiple time periods. Understanding potential long-term risk is very important for long-term investors.
By default, the tool displays historical performance of the NIFTY-50 index constituents. The results of Portfolio Performance are presented in a tabular format, showcasing returns and risks over periods ranging from 1 day to 2 years.
Users have the flexibility to load their saved portfolios or choose from the standard theme or sector-based portfolios to analyse risk and return across various time frames. In cases where the result list is extensive, a search box is available to quickly locate a specific symbol or asset from the results.
Sample Portfolio Performance:
In summary, Portfolio Performance is a tool that allows investors to evaluate the historical performance of their portfolio’s constituents across different time periods.
Follow these easy steps to use Alpha Builder’s tool “Portfolio performance” to identify return and risk across multiple periods:
1. On the home-page, click “Alpha Builder” or select sub-menu item “ALPHA BUILDER” under the “TOOLS” head of the “PRODUCTS” menu.
2. Scroll down the page and click on “Portfolio performance”.
3. The “Historic performance” of NIFTY-50 is displayed by default.
4. Click on the text-box with text as “Symbol”, type the symbol and click on one of the presented options.
5. Now click on the hand lens icon.
6. The table with all the return and risk values for that symbol will be displayed.
7. You may also check the return and risk value for all the symbols in your portfolio. Click on the tag icon, just next to the “Select portfolio :”, to select a portfolio.